Doctor insights on:
Implantation Of A Fertilized Egg Into The Uterus
Endometrium : 3-5 mmGet a more detailed answer ›
One common meaning refers to the process by which an embryo attaches to the uterus of a woman so that she is pregnant. Many think of it as 'sticking.' implantation in humans always occurs when the embryo is between 6-7 days old. A very popular concept on the internet now in 2012, 'implantation bleeding, ' is speculative ...Read more
When the egg leaves the ovarian, how long does it take to get to the uterus? And how long does it take to to fertilize once in the uterus?
Six days: Six days plus or minus a day or so. ...Read more
Only 2, max 3: They do not do multiple impants any more. ...Read more
Do the birth-control pills prevent fertilization or they just prevent the fertilized egg to attach to the uterus?
Multi - ways: Birth control pills work in many ways depending on the type (ie Progesterone only or combination pills). The main function is to stop ovulation from occurring. If no egg is released then there is no egg to fertilize. If this fails and an egg is made and released - the secondary defense is thinning the lining to prevent embryos from implanting. They also effect cervical mucus. ...Read more
Is hCG produced at time of fertilization (when sperm meets egg) or only when implantation occurs?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Implantation of a fertilized egg outside the uterus
- Do you get cramps from implantation of the fertilized egg?
- Does a woman feel when sperm is fertilizing the egg?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When does the fertilized egg attach to the uterus
- How long does it take for a sperm to fertilize the egg?
- How fertilization of an egg affects the process of menstruation?
- Development of a fetus fertilized egg organs tissue organ system
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free