Doctor insights on:
Impacts Gastrointestinal Tract Birth Defects
That depends...: The physical effects of gastrointestinal birth defects depend on what the condition is. Gastroschisis and omphalocele are two GI defects requiring surgery. In both cases, the most common problems in follow-up are related to poor motility of the intestinal tract. The baby may have trouble tolerating feedings and may get distended/bloated, may spit up, and may not stool as often as expected. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It's not.: It is used to diagnose GI tract birth defects; it is used to treat an acquired condition called intususception, in which small bowel "telescopes" and becomes jammed in large bowel. Barium under pressure pushes it back out while at the same time showing "before" and "after" pictures -- confirming both diagnosis and cure. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Trying to learn more about the downside or potential negative impact of assisted hatching - birth defects, etc? And whether the pros outweigh the cons
Assisted Hatching: There can be complications from assisted hatching. It may be associated with damage to the embryo and damage to individual blastomeres with a reduction in the viability of the embryo. In addition, assisted hatching has been associated with an increased risk of monozygotic (identical) twins. Talk to your fertility doctor about the risks and benefits of assistant hatching. ...Read more
Location, location: The question is very broad and it would highly depend on which part of the GI tract we are talking about, i.e. The colon, the small intestine, the esophagus, etc. To give you a general framework though, i might say that some common causes are: cancer, ischemia (lack of blood supply), infection, inflammatory bowel disease (especially crohn's), radiation therapy, diverticulitis, and drugs. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Enema treat gastrointestinal tract birth defects
- Zoloft birth defect digestive gastrointestinal
- Can lexapro 20mg affect male fertility or pose any potential birth defects?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Opiate addictions, birth defects and autism
- Can placenta previa cause birth defects?
- Depo provera lead birth defects
- Can the morning after pill cause birth defects if i get pregnant anyway?
- Talk to a pediatrician online