Doctor insights on:
Immunity To Spread Of Lesions To Other Body Parts
Can I spread herpes to my eyes from a cold sore. I have herd you cannot spread it to other parts since your body has created immunity to the virus?
In medicine, having an immunity to certain disease is to mean you are protected from getting it. For example: flu vaccination trigers the body to develop the immunity(antibody)/protection so that it won't get the flu. The idea is similar to the law: to provide immunity to someone is to protect that person from potential physical harm by other(s). Have ...Read more
Can drinking craft beer every week lead to frequent yeast infections of the throat, and other parts of the body? How can I boost my immunity to yeast?
Scratching: Impetigo is caused by infected skin sores. Scratching or picking at the lesions can easily transfer bacteria to other areas, especially any other breaks in the skin or mucous areas such as the nose or mouth area. Keep the sores clean, apply antibiotic ointment and a bandaid if needed. Avoid scratching or picking at them. Do good handwashing! ...Read more
We hope not.: What makes a cancer "evil" is the ability of cancer cells to travel outside of the organ where they arose and take over another organ; this is how cancer can be life-threatening. In advanced cases of cancer, we can identify these "invaders", but most often, these cells are present but undetectable. The stage of the cancer gives us an estimate of this probability, leading to the rec for chemorx. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can athletes foot spread to other parts of your body?
- Can lymphedema spread from my arms to other parts of my body?
- Spreading impetigo
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Spread of herpes to other body parts
- Can a bone cyst spread to other parts of the body?
- Why does pain from a headache spread to other parts of my body?
- Can skin cancer spread to other parts of the body?
- Talk to a immunologist online for free