Doctor insights on:
Some ideas: Keep your weight in its recommended range for your height, gender, and age. Get plenty of rest & exercise. Lighten up - try to laugh more & stress less. Make sure your vitamin d level is within the normal range. Eat more foods containing omega-3 fatty acids. Don't smoke. Drink alcoholic beverages moderately. Get all recommended vaccinations. That oughta do it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lifestyle & behavoir: Just like you already know: Maintain proper nutrition, add vitamins if your diet is poor. Adequate sleep and exercise. Stress reduction. Avoid infections with proper hand hygiene and vaccinations. Seasonally avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth when around people, ie shopping, working, gatherings and travel. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It doesn't: There is no scientific data to support the claim that over exercising has any effect on the immune system. By definition over exercising would be an amount of exercise that is causing an adverse effect and this is usually muscle and/or joint damage rather than any adverse effect on the immune system. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is it really true that getting sick builds up your immune system or is it better to be healthy and not get sick?
Why?: The average layperson is woefully clueless about how incredibly complex and finely tuned our immune systems are. Please repost your question with an explanation of why you think the health of your immune system NEEDS improving. Are you HIV-positive or have some inherited form of immune deficiency? If not, you're probably better off finding something else to worry about. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i build my immune system to get rid of hpv?
- How does the respiratory system interacts with the immune system?
- Immune system after mono
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Common pathology associated with the immune and lymphatic systems
- How long after pregnancy is the immune system supressed?
- Does low testosterone in men affect the immune system?
- Do i have a weak immune system if i tend t get warts?
- Talk to a immunologist online for free