Doctor insights on:
At what different strengths can imdur comes. Is there any immediate release imdur avaible & at what strength.
Several: Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate) is a long-acting formulation of nitroglycerin. It comes in multiples of 30 mg. The short acting form of isosorbide (dinitrate) is marketed under a couple different brand names (most commonly Isordil (isosorbide dinitrate) in the us). It has a shorter half-life. Sublingual Nitroglycerin (pills or spray) is nearly instantaneous in onset and has a half-life of only a few minutes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Never PRN: Imdur is a slow release medication meant to prevent angina. It is of little benefit once there is an attack because it will not work for hours. If there is no angina, perhaps the dose could be reduced or the medication may no longer be needed. Dosing should be once daily in the morning and not more or less frequently. Talk to your doctor about whether to wean off this medication. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Alternative treatments for follicular lymphoma
- Treatment for neuroleptic malignant syndrome
- What types of treatment are available for lcis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Left side of abdomen pain
- Alternative treatments for foamy urine
- Nice guidelines on schizophrenia
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free