Doctor insights on:
At what different strengths can imdur comes. Is there any immediate release imdur avaible & at what strength.
Several: Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate) is a long-acting formulation of nitroglycerin. It comes in multiples of 30 mg. The short acting form of isosorbide (dinitrate) is marketed under a couple different brand names (most commonly Isordil in the us). It has a shorter half-life. Sublingual Nitroglycerin (pills or spray) is nearly instantaneous in onset and has a half-life of only a few minutes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Never PRN: Imdur is a slow release medication meant to prevent angina. It is of little benefit once there is an attack because it will not work for hours. If there is no angina, perhaps the dose could be reduced or the medication may no longer be needed. Dosing should be once daily in the morning and not more or less frequently. Talk to your doctor about whether to wean off this medication. ...Read more
Should i take these medications ( imdur , Cartia , metoprolol) in the morning with breakfast or at night for most benifit?
Depends...: not sure why you are on Cartia and metoprolol -- 2 medicines that both lower heart rate while controlling BP. Having said that, I would take Cartia and metoprolol at opposite times of day (one at night and the other in a.m.) Imdur at night. These are serious medicines for a young persons like yourself of 36. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i overdose on vitamin b6?
- Can you overdose on ibuprofen 800mg?
- How many advil does it take to overdose?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many amoxicillin does it take to overdose?
- Can you die from beta blocker overdose?
- Can an overdose of aspirin kill you?
- How many citalopram does it take to overdose?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free