Doctor insights on:
Im Allergic To Penicillin What Can I Take For Strep
See below: In penicillin allergic patients with streptococcal pharyngitis the macrolides-erythromycin, biaxin (clarithromycin) or zithromax as well as Clindamycin are effective. If the penicillin allergy was only a rash and not immediate hypersensitivity cephalosporin antibiotics are safe and effective. ...Read more
I'm allergic to penicillin and camping in remote area. Will 150 mg. Clindamycin. Treat my strep? Should I double it? How often do I take it?
Talk to doctor: I think catching a strep infection from camping is at the very low risk category. You should be more worried over GI or sinus issues. Discuss with your doctor re the best choice for your travel destination since clindamycin may lead to serious GI issue for some people and this is not something you would ever want to suffer in a remote area. ...Read more
I started taking penicillin a day and a half ago for strep class c. I still feel terrible if not worse. How long will it take to kick in?
Call your doctor NOW: You really should start to feel better. Depending on the thpe of infection you have, it may have developed into something that requires further intervention such as intravenous antibiotics, or else a drainage procedure of abscess. Regardless, prompt attention is needed, to minimize complications. ...Read more
I have strep throat and started taking Biaxin (clarithromycin) yesterday. I took this many times in the past because I'm allergic to penicillin. Will it help again?
I'm 18 years old and weigh 250 lbs. I am allergic to penicillin but have strep throat. What is the correct dose of cephalexin to be taken?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take norvasc if im allergic to penicillin?
- Im allergic to penicillin can i take keflex
- If im allergic to penicillin can i take cephalexin
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take celestamine if allergic to penicillin?
- I am allergic to penicillin can i take cephalexin
- If allergic to penicillin can i take keflex
- What if im severely allergic to penicillin?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free