Doctor insights on:
Ige Levels Are Extremly High
Genetics: The tendency to make more ige in response to foreign substances that enter the body (aka allergens) is inherited. Allergies and parastic infections are the common reasons why people develop high ige levels. There are some rare disorders associated with increased risk of infections associated with very high levels of ige. A board-certified allergist can help sort this out for you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My sons IgE level has been high for 3 years the highest it's been was 30, 000 which they found toxocara but its still 3, 100 is that a concern.
I went to an allergist and he told me that my IgE level was 1280. He said that was high. But how high is that? Or is it high for normal?
IgE level: A normal ige is usually pretty low. The exact normal given by each lab varies but the upper limit of the normal range is usually not much over 100. A level of 1280 is certainly high, but much higher levels than that are sometimes seen, as well. Very high levels can occur with significant allergies, eczema, parasitic infestations and a few rare diseases. It's good you have an allergist! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Spasm yes, IgE no: A facial spasm can be a neurological symptom. There is a condition called hemifacial spasm for example, which is a paroxysmal activation of the muscles affecting smiling and eye closure on one side. I am not aware that high IgE levels correlate with this, or any other, neurological condition. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens when estrogen levels are high?
- What infections cause high ige levels?
- Can a high ige level in the blood be an indicator that i have cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when your liver levels are high?
- What are the potential consequences of high bilirubin levels in the blood?
- What does it mean when t3 levels are high for thyroid?
- What does it mean when your kidney levels are high?
- Talk to an allergist online for free