Doctor insights on:
If You Where Ankle Weights What Are The Negatives And Positives Of Wearing Them
Ur back pain: Depends on how old you are and how heavy and how long your wear the weights. Can contribute to injury and arthritis of ankles, knees and hips. Anything that causes you to move with an abnormal gait can cause or aggravate back pain. The positive is that your feet will feel lighter for a few minutes after you take them off. Not worth it from risk benefit stand point as far as a training aid.. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have knee, calf and foot pain with no trauma or injury to my leg. Onset was sudde My leg feels heavy as if I were wearing ankle weights.
Immediate Care....: You might be a great candidate for the formation of a clot in your leg. No injury is needed and the symptoms can vary. Whenever the calf is involved, your safest bet is to have it checked out asap. A failure to identify and treat this possibility could be disastrous. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Wear and Tear: I think adding weight to the lower extremity (which is already bearing the entire body weight) is increasing wear and tear on the joints. Also additional pressure would be applied to the neurovascular structures on the inside of the ankle which could cut off circulation and increase the likelihood of tarsal tunnel syndrome. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Normal use=normal : Very interesting question! ankle weights should not reduce growth under normal use. Any limitation of growth its due to either mechanical injury of the growth plate or hormonal change. Fracture of the growth plate can arrest and limit growth of the involved area. Proper use under the proper amount of time is key. Any strengthening exercises should be done by proper form. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
They can be: I personally do not like ankle weight. I prefer to "closed chain exercises." these involve exercises like partial squats, lunges that promote strength of the entire extremity and promote core and balance training as well. There is nothing wrong with ankle weights but i prefer using the whole body and get more bang for the buck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See below: You would be best to check at your local sporting goods store. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the negative and positive aspects of laser spine surgery?
- What are the positive and negative affects to using maca root?
- What does it mean if i have pain in the left part of my back where my ribs are?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have shingles more than once and what are some of the signs?
- What are the risks of taking prednisone and albutoral when you have copd?
- What are the negative side effects of rogain and how common are they?
- What exercises for women with weights are good to get rid of back fat and tighten the abs?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free