Doctor insights on:
If You Have An Overbite Do You Need Braces
Perhaps: If you have an excessive overbite in all probability other teeth and/or jaws are mal-related. Don't go looking for "quickie fix". Look for "best (esthetic & functional) most stable fix." even if your general dentist does braces or invisalign, they do not have the same training and experience as an orthodontic specialist. Get the correct answer from a pro, see an orthodontist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Yes , consult with an orthodontist.Get a more detailed answer ›
Lots: Put teeth ; jaws where they belong they work better, wear out less, are easier to clean, are better supported by gums/bone, look better, and make it easier for your dentist to keep your mouth in a state of optimum health. All this translates into shorter, easier, and (importantly) less costly dental visits. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Selective treatment: If your overbite is not skeletal, braces and an elastics that attaches to the braces should be sufficient to correct your mild to moderate overbite. If the overbite is significant (over 5mm) and your lower jaw is underdeveloped, corrective surgery may be your only and best way to correct it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Probably: Most efficient way to resolve a malocclusion (bad bite) is realigning the teeth and jaws. Ask your dentist to refer you to an orthodontic specialist for an initial examination (often complimentary) and guidance. Then you can make decisions based on knowledge rather than supposition. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long do you need to wear braces if you have an overbite?
- If you have a overbite do you need braces
- Do you need braces if you have a gap?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long do you need braces for an overbite?
- If i have an overbite do i need braces
- How long do you have to wear braces for an overbite?
- How long do you need to wear braces for an overbite?
- Talk to a dentist online for free