Doctor insights on:
If You Have A Stillbirth Are You Automatically Referred To A Genetic Counselor
From a medical standpoint, "genetic" refers to the potential heritability of various medical conditions. While some conditions are inevitable (at some point in one's life) as a consequence of simple genetic heritability (eg huntington's disease), a large number of medical conditions (including all behaviorial health disorders) are the expressed final pathway of a ...Read more
Yes: You should review it and if you are willing share it with other family members and get their imput to extend the pedigree. ...Read more
Masters Degree: Genetic counselors go through 2 years of postgraduate studies to learn about genetic diseases and how to discuss them with affected patients and their families. They are very helpful and not very expensive. ...Read more
2 years: Most gc programs are pretty difficult to get in to because they are small. You will actually take medical school classes like physiology but also intensive genetics courses. You will train with other gcs during internships. It is a rewarding occupation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many aspirin to take if you are having a heart attack?
- Is it normal to have a heart attack if you are 23 years old?
- What are best foods to eat if you have a spastic colon?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there home tests to see if you have a bladder infection?
- What are some healthy foods to eat if you have a hypithyroid?
- How to tell if you are having a boy or girl by heart rate?
- What to do if you are having a heart attack?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free