Doctor insights on:
If You Have A Cold Sore Do You Automatically Have Herpes
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
Herpes: First. There are two herpes viruses. A person cannot give themselves an infection. Infection comes from someone or somewhere else. If you have herpes simplex, or oral herpes, it does not move. You cannot get the same herpes virus a second time. 75% of americans have the oral herpes virus. 25% have the std herpes or hsv type two. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
HSV: There are two types of herpes simplex viruses (hsv) that cause oral and genital herpes. Typically, hsv-1 causes oral disease and hsv-2 genital disease. However, both viruses can cause either infection. Self innoculation (or transmitting oral disesae to the genitalia) is virtually impossible since the virus is inactivated at room temperature and by drying from air. ...Read more
Please explain if it is true that having oral sex with someone when you have a cold sore (fever blister) will give that person genital herpes?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If you have a cold sore do you have herpes
- How do you know if you have a cold sore?
- Does a cold sore mean you have herpes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have a cold sore without having herpes?
- Can you get a cold sore without having herpes?
- Does getting a cold sore mean you have herpes?
- How can you tell if you have a cold sore?
- Talk to a dermatologist online