Doctor insights on:
If You Get Vicks In Your Eye
Wash: Gently wash around the eye with mild soap and water. You may try irrigating the eye with water, eye irrigation or wetting soluiton and then observe. The menthol in the rub will cause the burning. Observe & if stable or improving, no big worry. If worsening or concern, see medical evaluation. Other than menthol, the rest is petrolatum and okay. "don't let it vapo-rub you the wrong way! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Rinse rinse rinse: Wash the eye and surrounding area thoroughly with clean, cool water. Wash the surrounding area with soap as well, but don't get soap in your eye too. If you have sterile saline solution (such as for contact lenses), you can use that to irrigate your eye as well. Anytime you have a question about a medication overdose or possible poison, you can call poison control at 800-222-1222. ...Read more
Likely migraine: This sounds like an occipital migraine which causes a zig zag pattern of lights and greying out of certain parts of the vision. If you recover in 5 minutes to 2 hours, then that is almost certainly what you experienced. If it lasts longer or their are permanent visual changes, then see your ophthalmologist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Rarely: Most typical cases of strabismus (cross eye) are diagnosed in childhood. Later onset of misaligned eyes can be a sign of a cranial nerve palsy (weakness), thyroid disease, or the result of very poor vision in one eye only. You should see an ophthalmologist for diagnosis and possible treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do if you get vicks in your eye?
- What do you do if you get vicks vaporub in your eye?
- What happens if you get lemon in your eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens if you get fiber glass in your eye?
- If someone farts in your eye can you get pink eye
- What to do if you get vicks in your eyes?
- Can you get hiv if someone spit in your eye?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free