Doctor insights on:
If Lidocaine Is Injected Into The Abdomen Of A Person Will It Help
It may: It may help with abdominal wall pain. ...Read more
What will happen if a person is injected triamcinolone acetonide with xylocaine (lidocaine) even if they don't have any scar tissue problem?
Yes: You need a Lidoderm skin patch.Get a more detailed answer ›
IV Lidocaine: Lidocaine, in low doses, is actually injected intravenously in certain clinical situations. Toxic levels of this medication would first cause neurologic symptoms and then cardiovascular sequelae. If small amounts are injected IV in the process of infiltrating tissue, it is unlikely that one would suffer any major complications. ...Read more
IV vs subcutaneous : Lidocaine can be given by many routes: intravenous, into the surgical site (subcutaneous), next to nerves, etc. Iv Lidocaine is broken down very fast and it is not typically used for pain control. Subcutaneous helps more with pain, and has less systemic effects (such as numb lips that is associated with iv). ...Read more
Enough to stop it: There is a maximum of any drug that should be used for a patient in a given time. The amount of 2% Lidocaine for instance is over 20-25 ml in a short time. Generally, to numb a tooth only 2-4 ml is needed. Different anesthetic drugs have different durations, effectiveness, and maximum doses. Your doctor will know which is right for each drug and keep within safe guidelines at all times. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Where should dentist inject lidocaine
- Inject lidocaine to prevent pain in the lower teeth
- Where would a dentist inject lidocaine to prevent pain in the lower teeth
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can ocuvite help a person with glaucoma?
- Can you inject teflon to help reduce knee pain instead of knee replacement?
- Does good nutrition help a person with ovarian cancer?
- Best workout to help overweight person no gimmicks
- Talk to a anesthesiologist online for free