Doctor insights on:
If I Have Spinal Stenosis Is It Safe To Get Pregnant
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
How often can I get epidural steroid injections? I have spinal stenosis and epidurals were working to control my pain for about six months per injection. My last one only really worked for about four months, but i was able to tolerate the pain until the s
Yes, sort of: If you fractured or dislocated your spine or caused a disc to herniate, then yes. These would likely require severe trauma. Otherwise, if MRI or ct shows congenital (from birth) or acquired (degenerative) stenosis, this is not trauma or fall related. Not to say a fall in the presence of stenosis couldn't cause the onset of symptoms or even (rare) paralysis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Married v stenosis: Spinal stenosis is found in 20% of the population by age 60. For this diagnosis in the lumbar spine alone , it would be very unusual to get disability for it unless your occupation required prolonged standing or walking and you had a private policy just for your own occupation. If it involves the cervical spine & it is causing a myleopathy then it is possible. ...Read more
First DDD & spinal: Stenosis are typically age related changes but there can be genetic predispositions for this as well as environmental factors such as smoking . Back injuries do not cause this from 2 months ago but they may play a role in your symptoms persisting so get evaluated by a spine specialist as to the correct diagnosis & treatment recommendations / options. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to get pregnant if i have a kidney disease?
- Is it safe to have the exterminator at the house if i am pregnant?
- Is it safe to have or get a tattoo while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Would it be safe to get a tattoo if i have hemophilia
- What does it mean to have advanced spinal stenosis?
- How serious is it to have lumbar spinal stenosis?
- Can children have spinal stenosis or just adults?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online