Doctor insights on:
If I Have Spinal Stenosis Is It Safe To Get Pregnant
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
How often can I get epidural steroid injections? I have spinal stenosis and epidurals were working to control my pain for about six months per injection. My last one only really worked for about four months, but i was able to tolerate the pain until the s
First DDD & spinal: Stenosis are typically age related changes but there can be genetic predispositions for this as well as environmental factors such as smoking . Back injuries do not cause this from 2 months ago but they may play a role in your symptoms persisting so get evaluated by a spine specialist as to the correct diagnosis & treatment recommendations / options. ...Read more
Married v stenosis: Spinal stenosis is found in 20% of the population by age 60. For this diagnosis in the lumbar spine alone , it would be very unusual to get disability for it unless your occupation required prolonged standing or walking and you had a private policy just for your own occupation. If it involves the cervical spine & it is causing a myleopathy then it is possible. ...Read more
What is the difference between spinal stenosis and central canal stenosis and which is more serious. How debilitating will it get already pain daily?
Yes, sort of: If you fractured or dislocated your spine or caused a disc to herniate, then yes. These would likely require severe trauma. Otherwise, if MRI or ct shows congenital (from birth) or acquired (degenerative) stenosis, this is not trauma or fall related. Not to say a fall in the presence of stenosis couldn't cause the onset of symptoms or even (rare) paralysis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to get pregnant if i have a kidney disease?
- Is it possible to get pregnant if i have secondary amenorrhea?
- Is it safe to get an epidural for giving birth if i have spondylolisthesis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to get breast implants if i have type 1 diabetes?
- Is it safe to get laser eye surgery if i have ankylosing spondylitis?
- Is it safe to get a tattoo if i have kidney disease?
- Is it safe to take cough syrup if i get sick while pregnant?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online