Doctor insights on:
If I Have Hearing Loss In One Ear Is It Possible That The Other Gets Better
No: In fact, one-sided hearing loss causes a loss of spatial discrimination of sound, which makes understanding speech in crowded situations more difficult. The brain will actually lose this capacity with disuse, so the best treatment is to amplify the failing ear with a hearing aid. The sooner, the better. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sudden loss hearing: If it only occurred for a few seconds, not likely of any concern. If it recurs, worsens, or lasts longer- then you need to seen ENT specialist asap. ...Read more
Hi, my audioligist said I have a conductive hearing loss in one ear. 2k on up and is 80 decibel loss. I had this for 4 years. What can cause this.?
Is an acoustic neuroma always the cause of high frequency hearing loss in one ear only with tinnitus, in 19yr old?
Depends on the cause: There are many different things that cause tinnitus. I recommend you see an otolaryngologist for a full evaluation. Be prepared with your medical ; surgical history and write down ahead of time all the medications (even herbals ; vitamins) that you're taking. Plan to discuss when your problem started and the quality of the tinnitus (high-pitched? Rushing sound? Continuous? Rhythmic? Etc...). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Had MRI scan of my ears. Have hearing loss in one side that's why I was sent for one. What could it be? Do you see brain also on this scan?
Yeah some brain's in: ...the picture....but if you had an MRI of your EARS....are you sure you didn't have something more like a high res IAC scan to check on the integrity of the inner ear apparatus? If that's the case then, not much brain better be seen because then, we've got a major leak somewhere! HA! Just teasing....but seriously, not much brain to be seen if it's an IAC because just lookin' at EAR. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have tinitus thats ringing in the ear is there a treatment cure for it
- What does it mean if i have protein in my urine is that a serious health issue?
- Is it safe to wear colored contact lenses if i have amblyopia in one eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to hurt the baby if i have sex while pregnant?
- Is it safe to have a breast reduction if i suffer from lymphedema in the leg?
- How likely is it that i have ms what is the prevalence of ms in the us?
- Is it permanent if somebody has sudden hearing loss followed by ringing in ears?
- Talk to a head and neck surgeon online for free