Doctor insights on:
If I Have Had Anorexia In The Past Can I Still Get Pregnant
Yes!: Anorexia in the past is not a barrier to pregnancy. It does mean that you need to be careful about your eating habits during pregnancy since we will want you to gain 30-35 pounds during your pregnancy. You may want to see a nutritionist early on to agree on an eating plan that works for you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
With caution: Infants of women with anorexia have lesser birthweight , smaller head circumferences and a 16% rate of microcephaly compared to control patients, due to less maternal pregnancy weight gain, increased nausea/ vomiting of pregnancy, and increased recurrence of anorectic symptoms. Unintended pregnancy /early pregnancy loss are increased. Prepregnancy evaluation by a clinical team is critical! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I had amorrhea for 5 years from being anorexic when I was 13-18 yrs. I fully recovered after that and am 25. Can I still get pregnant?
Yes, Usually: Severe anorexia can cause problems with the menstrual cycle, which could make pregnancy more difficult. However, these difficulties are not usually permanent, and with time there is less likelihood of affecting the possibility of becoming pregnant. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Both mom and baby need a lot of calories during the pregnancy (about 400 more calories per day for a normal weight woman). Not eating enough during pregnancy can ultimately hurt the baby, although the mom will start to see symptoms before the baby will (the baby's metabolic needs will take precedence). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I took an EPT pregnant test: (-) is neg, (+) is pos. My results: very faint (-). Amenorrhea x2mths, back pain, anorexia, cramps.?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens if i get pregnant while i still have the progesterone iud in place?
- If i had unprotected sex two days before ovulation can i still get pregnant
- Can i get pregnant if i have not had my period 9 months?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i prevent getting the flu if someone else in my home might have it?
- Can i still get pregnant if i have polycystic ovaries?
- If i have my period can i still get pregnant
- If i had an abortion can i still get pregnant
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online