Doctor insights on:
If A Person Has A Broken Growth Plate Is There Any Way For It To Grow
Since not all the growth plates fuse at the same time, could HGH make you just grow WIDER if started at the wrong point during growth plate fusion?
No: Their is no point in the maturation and closure if the growth plates that a person would grow wider and not taller. ...Read more
If HGH is given DURING growth plate fusion can my son grow disproportionate (eg. just the hip/jaw grows) since not all gro.pla. fuse at the same time?
I have growth plate in my right knee, leg is 1 inch longer than other, if taken out, is there a chance the leg will continue to grow longer than other?
Many risks: Yes, if growth plate activity continues after surgery, the leg may continue to grow. There's also a chance that the other leg continues to grown and then THAT leg is the longer one. You and your parents need to discuss risks & benefits with the surgeon, as well as alternatives, including waiting until your bones are fully mature before doing ANYTHING besides using a shoe lift. ...Read more
It depends: Growth plates injuries vary and are generally classified as types 1 to 5 on the salter-harris system. The severity and displacement of the injury would dictate the treatment. A broken growth plate will heal - trying to get it to heal without any deformity or growth retardation down the road is the concern. Any growth plate injury should be seen by your md and followed over several years. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
@ Ur age they R...: ....Closed . If injured as a child, u may have a shorter or angulated bone, ; the severity depends on how much u grew after the injury. ...Read more
4 yr old boy buckle break . Broken ulna and radius in growth plate clean break no shifting what are chances of having to get pins put in?
Both bones in forearm are broken, big cast=3 wks, short cast 3 wks. X-ray still shows deformity. Growth plate still active. Should i worry?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there any way to tell if someone died of a heart attack without an autopsy?
- Is it possible for a woman to concieve if she has pid?
- Is there a way to tell if someone has an addictive personality?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal for a skin tone to get lighter in winter even if in the sun?
- Is it normal for a broken foot to feel cold?
- Is there a way to check for blocked arteries in the penis?
- Is there a way to reverse circumcision or to make the foreskin grow again?
- My beard has become grey is there a way to reverse it