Doctor insights on:
If A New Born Baby Is Throwing Up Green Stuff What Could That Mean
Read on: Depends on the wording. Newborns develop kneecaps 4 months in utero but the are all cartilage, not bone. After birth the are growth centers and bone will develop. Around 3 yrs in girls and 5 to 6 in boys they are ossified(bone). Am interesting fact. Some say that they develop into bone later as we bear more weight on the legs and need support also crawling is easier on the knees when not bone! ...Read more
Spitting Mucus: Hello! Newborns may spit up mucus leftover from amniotic fluid up to 72 hrs after birth but tends to resolve sooner. If the saliva seems excessive, a doc visit is needed to check for issues of the esophagus. Spitting up milk is also common in newborns and should be discussed with your doc to ensure it's normal infant reflux. For future consults, my link is healthtap.com/vanessanealmd PNYTKV. ...Read more
Pacifiers: Yes please! Pacifiers are wonderful in my opinion. They satisfy babies need to suck, they sooth baby, they help mom and dad. They don't hurt teeth. Best of all there are studies which show a decreased incidence of sudden infant death with their use. This doctor and grandpa endorses them! ...Read more
Different reasons: Some babies may be born with anatomical defects requiring emergency surgery like certain heart malformations or a hole in the diaphragm allowing abdominal organs to push up and take up lung space. Certain neurological problems may also require surgery, like spina bifida or hydrocephalus. These are just a few examples. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean if infant is throwing up green stuff?
- What does it mean if my newborn keeps throwing up green stuff?
- New born baby throwing up
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What could throwing up blood mean?
- Stomach hurts and throwing up neon green stuff
- My baby is throwing up brown stuff
- What could be the cause of throwing up blood?
- Talk to a pediatrician online