Doctor insights on:
I Work In A Dusty Workplace Will This Permanently Damage My Ability To Smell
My roommates smoke marijuana almost everyday the smell comes through their door, to my room. Will that cause me to fail a drug test?
I have to go on a freeway a lot. Will my lung be permanently be affected if I drive with my car windows down?
Probably not: The air you breath on the freeway is the same whether windows are up or down, its the way cars are constructed. Heavy smog associated with a long drive(exposure) day after day, can be of concern because of the presence of carbon monoxide, sulfur trioxide and other combustion products, but probably not associated with permanent damage. Consider a different route to work if it is bothersome. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long does skin take to adjust to new temperatures ? I went from being in a cold house to a house that's 80 degrees and i'm really itchy now
Moisturize: Your skin daily to keep the itch under control. ...Read more
I recently quit using marijuana recreationally, is there anything I can do to speed the process cleaning my system. ?
I have a retracted eardrum from a fired Gunshot, will it heal and return to its natural position and will i regain my hearing or is this permanent?
Retracted TM: Suggest seeing ENT, get audiogram. Keep ear dry , more like to have TM perforation than TM retraction. ...Read more
7 wk pregnant RN. Work on floor with Helipad outside of it. Can smell exhaust fumes at times. Could this damage my pregnancy? No option to change jobs
How do you minimize dust and irritation to the eyes when you're living in a polluted and dusty city?
Air conditioning: An air conditioner is a great start. A hepa air purifier can also help. You don't need both. Eliminate all smoking from your home environment including candles & fireplaces. An electric range is preferable to gas. Limit use of aerosol sprays in the home. When you clean ventilate well with open windows & wear eye protection. Wear close fitting sunglasses when venturing outdoors. Avoid smog. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I was in a car for 20 minutes full of cigarette smoke. Would that do any damage to my skin and lungs and can you reverse it?
Most likely okay: If is one time exposure most likely you can rid of it in little time. ...Read more
I work at a hotel and have to clean rooms sometimes. The chemicals we use for the bathrooms didn't bother me before but now hurt my chest when I inhale it. And I also work in the laundry area. The propane from the dryers smell HORRIBLE. It even gives me h
Cleaning fumes bad: Cleaning chemicals can be caustic and the fumes especially bad for your lungs. Inhaling propane all the time is bad for your liver. I suggest you go to a good dollar store and get a surgical mask, which may help a little. Don't mix different types of cleaners. Always put the fan on in the bathroom when cleaning. Try to use a fan in the Laundry. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Accidently inhaled the product goof off in a remodeled house. I left immediately but took a few big whiffs. Any permanent damage to nerves or body?
No: No, not even any temporary damage. It's just a whiff of an odor... To let a person know to find some fresh air. ...Read more
Air cleaning: You can try using an air cleaner to reduce pollutants. Encourage those in charge to provide appropriate ventilation. In many countries with high pollution levels people will use face asks like those used in the operating room. Eat a healthy diet, get appropriate amount of sleep and exercise as well. ...Read more
I have a fear of vomiting so I compulsively wash my hands and disinfect my house. Will this negatively affect my immune system in the future?
What's the harm in onanism? Will it turn to an addictive bad habit & then harm my body? Will i develop diseases in the future?
Talk to boss: You need to have a discussion with your boss of why you feel the task would be detrimental. ...Read more
I want to make my meek voice get the ability to growl like in heavy metal music. Any Scientific way to achieve this ?
I clean a lot with bleach.... I tend to isolate myself in the bathroom with the smell of it and other supplies unventilated. Is it harmful to me?
Yes, absolutely!: Chlorine bleach is corrosive and can even damage metals. Its toxic fumes can cause respiratory problems, asthma flares, headaches and vomiting. It is especially hazardous - even deadly - when mixed with ammonia, vinegar or any other acid-type cleaning material. And these fumes are especially dangerous to children.You must get ventilation and limit your exposure when using bleach. Hope that helps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I work at a dusty place what should i do
- My skin breaks out because i work at a dusty place how can i protect my skin
- My breath smells of vomit permanently although i cant smell it myself
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can scleral buckle surgery permanently damage my eyesight?
- How can i permanently eliminate my keloid?
- I want a method to stop my periods permanently
- I broke my ulna and radius will this affect my ability to use my hand
- Talk to a neurologist online