Doctor insights on:
I Work At A Dusty Place What Should I Do
Doubtful: Lurosil is a combination of glucosamine, MSM, chondroitin, and hyaluronic acid. Some but not many studies suggest glucosamine may help with some osteoarthritic joints but hyaluronic acid is broken down in the G.I. tract. Most physicians are skeptical of any benefit of these. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
All diets can work: All diets have a basic underpinning: ingest fewer calories than your body b urns so that you lose weight. The novelty of new diet types usually causes a burst of weight loss. The problem is that few can sustain the diet and they regress into their previous food intake and exercise pattern which causes the weight to return. ...Read more
Inconclusive: I assume you mean "resveratrol" which is an anti-oxidant component of the skin of red grapes. It has been thought to have anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, "anti-aging, " and blood sugar lowering properties. It seems that most studies are in their infancy and most have used animal models. As far as i know, there is not enough evidence or information to recommend any sort of supplementation with it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Garcinia -- careful: Interesting molecules but... The jama review in 1998 found no weight loss benefit beyond placebo. Two patients using "hydroxycut" were reported with liver damage in ann int med in 2005; both recovered after the garcinia was stopped. Why not get down to the gym and/or join a fitness club instead? It's much safer and you'll meet some really cool people. Health doesn't come from a pill bottle. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I work in a fast food place what can i do to stop my face from bumping
- What should i do if someone at work gets a heart attack?
- I touched something that looks like blood at work what should i do
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What should i do about moldy file folders at work?
- I hate the fluorescent lights at my work what should i do
- I broke my finger at work what should i do
- My mind is all over the place what can i do
- My skin breaks out because i work at a dusty place how can i protect my skin