Doctor insights on:
I Was Told I Have Glaucoma And Am Wondering If I Need To Use Eye Drops
Many types: In glaucoma, the internal eye pressure of the eye is elevated beyond the ability of the back of the eye to withstand it. There are 4 different categories of eyedrops to approach this. Some inhibit inflow of fluid into the eye; others increase outflow. Most work well but laser treatment and surgery is available as a next step. ...Read more
If i need to use 2 classes of eye drops for glaucoma, how likely is it that i will be able to wear contact lenses?
Likely: As long as you can put the contacts in after you put the drops in or put the drops in after you take your contacts out there's no problem. ...Read more
Pressure lowering: In glaucoma, the internal eye pressure of the eye is elevated beyond the ability of the back of the eye to withstand it. There are 4 different categories of eyedrops to approach this. Some inhibit inflow of fluid into the eye; others increase outflow. Most work well but laser treatment and surgery is available as a next step. ...Read more
Laser therapy: The most common method of treating glaucoma is the use of eye drop medications to lower the eye pressure. If the angle of the eye is open then a low energy treatment, selective laser trabeculoplasty (slt) can often be effective in lowering the eye pressure for variable lengths of time. A balanced diet and exercise can also be beneficial in lowering eye pressure as well as maintaining good health. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Eye drop administrat: It is important to understand that if a drop enters the eye space at any location, it will spread over the whole eye with the first blink. You do not need to aim for the center or some special location. The blink removes any excess - drops are calibrated so that what is left after one blink is the proper amount for activity. Forget what rolled down your cheek. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Many types: Eye drops for glaucoma treat the internal elevated pressure by lower it. This can take the form of drops that lower the inflow or that increase the outflow. Drug companies are constantly working to improve the effectiveness, comfort and use of fewer drops to accomplish this goal. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I am allergic to penicillin and i have tonsillitis what should i do if surgery
- How many teeth ned to be pulled if i have crowded teeth and am getting braces?
- Is it ok to use splenda if i have renal failure and diabetes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have aortic valve stenosis and am wondering if lifting 10lb dumbbells is bad
- Do i need to have a renal biopsy if i was diagnosed with microalbuminuria?
- I need to lose weight and am having trouble eating good
- Do i need to worry about carbs and fats if i am counting calories?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free