Doctor insights on:
I Was Exposed To Scabies At Work How Do I Know If I Have It
I work in ems and was exposed to scabies while removing a body. Limited contact to gloves and boot sole. Changed unif/shower. Am i at risk?
Scabies: Scabies is generally treated with permethrin as recommended and repeated in 1-2 weeks. As you can become reinfected it is recommended the entire family be treated. It may take up to 4 weeks to obtain a cure. This is a long time to miss work and I would be checked by your physician 1-2 weeks after your initial treatment to see if it may be possible to return to work at that time. ...Read more
Avoid close contact: Scabies is an infestation of the skin with mites. It can spread by close contact, sharing clothes and sheets, but is not normally acquired casually. If the rash is mild and limited to covered areas, you might treat it now and return to work the next day. If it is severe or if your work brings you in close contact with people, clothes, or bedding, avoid work until a doctor clears you ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No, not really: There aren't any herbs or teas that get rid of scabies. Sulfur creams and lotions have been known to get rid of scabies, but covering oneself with smelly sulfur cream is not exactly natural (more like 19th century medicine). The easiest way to get rid of scabies is to get prescription modern medicine from the doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: In true scabies the mite dies after it is exposed to treatment (permethrin) fairly soon after treatment. However, and this is the gross part, the major reaction is to the scabies droppings left behind. This material is very irritating and causes the characteristic itching one experiences. This particular symptom can take weeks to "cool down" and may require topical or even oral steroids. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know if i have a stress fracture in my heel and how do they treat it?
- How do i know if i have a genetic predisposition to bipolar disorder?
- How do i know if my child is having an adverse reaction to a vaccine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If im not having periods how do i know when my body is ready to make babies
- Do i have the right to decide how my baby is treated if born at 23 weeks?
- What is blepharitis and how do i know if i have it?
- How do i know that i have made it to the end of first stage?
- Talk to a dermatologist online