Doctor insights on:
I Was Crying Last Night And Now My Eyes Are Puffy How Do I Get Rid Of It
Crying in infancy is described as a loud, high-pitched sound made by infants in response to certain situations. Infants have a cry reflex that is a normal response to some stimuli, such as pain or hunger. Older children and adults cry for emotional reasons such as pain, fear, sadness, or frustration. Premature infants may not have a cry reflex, so they must be monitored closely for signs ...Read more
Cool pack, etc...: Some people have darker lower lids because the skin there has more color. For women, make-up can help. Some people have puffiness due to extra blood in the tiny blood vessels in the skin. If this is from allergies or sinusitis, a doctor can treat it. It can also be from fatigue, crying, or eye irritation, in which case otc decongestant "get-the-red-out" eye drops (for less than 1-2 days) can help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cool compress: Try a running cold water over a clean washcloth. Wring it out to remove most of the water and then roll it up or fold it so that it can fit over your eyelids. Keep the cool compress there for a few minutes, take some deep breaths, relax, and things should improve. If there is still swelling but the compress has lost it's cool, repeat with more cold water. Hope that helps! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Nor necessary: Cold compresses and time will do the job nicely. I doubt that benedryl will do much to speed it up. ...Read more
Cool compresses: Crying and emotional stress causes excess fluid to accumulate under the skin of the eyelids. Cool compresses (a wet washcloth wrapped around a piece of ice, for example) will constrict the small blood vessels under the skin and stop them from leaking water, allowing the fluid to reabsorb quicker. It will also help not to lie down, so less blood will rush to the face. ...Read more
How to get rid of bags under eyes, not the kind of bags that you get from crying or sleeping hard. ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of puffy eyes from crying?
- How to get rid of puffy eyes from crying in the morning?
- How do i get rid of swollen eyes from staying up too late last night?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do i get rid of bags under my eyes?
- I have a twitch in my thigh muscle for 3 days now how do i get rid of it
- How do you get rid of my puffy eyelids in the morning?
- How to get rid of swollen eyes puffy eyelids?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free