Doctor insights on:
I Want To Know How Many Kids Were From Two Anonymous Donors
Not Enough Info: I am sorry but your question cannot be answered with the information given. ...Read more
Great question: I believe that over time when the children are old enough to understand that a majority of men well let their child or children know that they were conceived through donor insemination. Possibly to keep this a secret over time would be detrimental to the emotional relationship that is formed between parent and children. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Normal: Who is to know? So there is basically no reason for stigma. ...Read more
Unknown: Based on reporting that appeared in the new york times on may 14, 2012: "it is not known how many children are born each year using sperm donors, because mothers of donor offspring are not required to report their births. By some estimates, there are more than a million children in this country conceived with donated sperm or eggs. ". ...Read more
Not aware of any: There are both rules regarding patient confidentiality at both the federal and state level. State by state rules vary but are centered in limiting access to personal medical information. For such a registry to exist the donor or donors would first have to agree to share their identifying information.I don't see that happening in the present environment. ...Read more
Usually no.: Extensive information (geographic, health, genetic) is usually given to recipients re: donor eggs/sperm. A contract should have been made if the donor that addresses expectations of both parties with respect to future contact or long term expectation of anonymity. With technology and social media, it is more difficult for parents to place limitations on their kids from seeking out their donor(s). ...Read more
What to do if I'm having kids should I look into a donor or some testing for fertility or freezing some eggs?
Problem??: Do you know that you have some type of problem with getting pregnant? Otherwise, what's wrong with the good old fashioned way of sex with your significant other?What are your concerns - is it age, some health problem you have...? Please clarify what you are having concerns about.... ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many days do i have to stay home from school if i have pink eye?
- I want to know how much on average a labiaplasty costs
- What should i know if i am in remission from cancer and i want to get pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How do you know how many calories to consume a day if you want ot loose weight?
- I want to know how can i have bigger and fuller lips and still look natural
- How can i get to know my baby at two weeks?
- How do i tell kids grandma has blood and lymph cancer what do they need to know?
- Talk to a pediatrician online