Doctor insights on:
I Think I Have Polyps In My Nose Will A Steroid Based Spray Remove Them
I have a confirmed nose bleeder, polyps and congested nose. I am on antihistamine, saline wash and steroid spray. Is that the best solution?
Only if they work: This is a very complex issue as there are many potential causes for your problem. It appears that you may have a chronic sinus infection as well. A less common condition is known as Aspirin exacerbated rhinosinusitis (often accompanied by asthma) and in which case another class of drug called leukotriene modifier may work better. You should consult an allergist to help you sort this out. ...Read more
I have large nasal polyp obstructs air. Can't take steroid spray for I am breastfeeding. Feels like sinuses are clogged. No insurance can't afford ent?
Had nasal polyp took xylometaxoline hydrochloride nasal spray. It worked polyps gone and can breathe but I get blood residue on tissue when I sneeze?
See doctor: It is highly unlikely that the kind of spray you used could have eliminated the polyps although it may work transiently to decongest your nose. When used in excess for period longer than a week, one often ends up with a very irritated nose and thus the nosebleeds. The nose gets rebound congestion when the nasal spray is stopped. See doctor to help you wean off this spray. ...Read more
How can I get rid of nasal polyps and restore my sense of smell? I've used every spray/antihistamine under the sun, no luck
When to blow?: Good question. I would recommend trying not to blow if at all possible. If you must, avoid as long as you can and then make it a gentile blow. After 10 minutes, you could blow away. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have a chipped a bone in my finger will i need surgery
- I have a brown spot in my left eye will it go away or should i see the doctor
- I have a bump in my nose
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My son poked me in my eye and i have a small circle with blood will this go away
- I have a strange smell in my nose
- Why do i have a bad smell in my nose?
- I am only 29 n think i have copd will i die early like in my 40s
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online