Doctor insights on:
I Think I Have Fluorosis How Can I Tell For Sure
Yes: Fluorosis is characterized by stains on the teeth because of high amount of fluoride...Demineralization if the breakdown of enamel, which can also be characterized by stain/change in color. Demineralization can lead to caries (cavities), but may arrest itself and remain a "dark" spot. ...Read more
Can't: You live in an area where there's no Fluoride in the water supply, either natural or artificial. Mottling and discoloration may be due to reasons other than excessive fluoride. See a general dentist or a prosthodontist for restorative solutions to mask the discoloration...There's a plethora of solutions available. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Difference: Hypoplasia by definition means under developed so the enamel should be thin and fragile. Fluorosis can look similar but enamel should still be thick. Depending on severity it could still be very strong where as hypoplasia is not. Fluorosis may appear brown and white and chalky if it is quite severe as well. See a dentist if you are concerned. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See Dentists: There are many reasons for tooth discoloration, including but not limited to excess Fluoride intake while crowns of permanent teeth are forming, from about 6 months in utero until about age 8. Your dentist can determine the cause of discoloration and the appropriate treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i be sure that i have celiac disease?
- My rectum is bleeding i think maybe vagina how can i tell
- How can i be sure that i have vitiligoand how do you get it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I think that i have gonorrhea or chlamydia but im not sure will boh call me
- I think i might be marfanoid how do i know for sure
- How can i tell if i have acid reflux?
- How can i tell if i have kidney stones?
- Talk to a dentist online for free