Doctor insights on:
I Suffered A Corneal Abrasion What Can I Do To Help My Eye Heal Quickly
See your eyeMD: Corneal abrasions can be very painful. Patching is not recommended and a topical antibiotic should be prescribed. In some cases, placement of a bandage contact lens can promote healing and reduce discomfort. Abrasions can lead to infection and non-healing abrasions can result in scarring or corneal thinning. It is best to be evaluated, particularly if there is decreased vision or prolonged healing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Corneal Abrasion (Scratch) (Definition)
A corneal abrasion is a painful scratch to the surface of the clear part of the eye, which is called the cornea. It can be painful and may feel as if there is sand in the eye. One should seek medical attention promptly. ...Read more
Corneal abrasion heal on its own? I scratched my eye today with my fingernail, and my eye immediately started turning red in the corner of my eye where i scratched it. I have no soreness, or headaches, or blurred vision, or any other symptoms, just a red
Not unless it is big: A scratch on the cornea is usually not visible unless it is very large. ...Read more
Not likely: A corneal scratch (abrasion) is a loss of the thin skin covering the cornea. Usually this does not involve the deeper layers and as long as the eye is not penetrated or infected, visual loss is very uncommon. You should see an ophthalmolgist for a corneal scratch both for symptomatic relief and for proper treatment. ...Read more
Had corneal abrasion 18mos ago. Eyesight fine, just have some extra fluid/goop making vision blurry at wake-up. 3-4 blinks, eye is fine. What is this?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i tell if i have a corneal abrasion or some eye infection?
- Can i use my same contact lenses that caused me corneal abrasion?
- Can i use my contact lenses a day after my corneal abrasion feels normal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there anything i can do to help heal my broken foot faster?
- What could i do to help my elbow fracture heal?
- What could i do to help my hand fracture heal?
- What could i do to help my broken leg heal faster?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free