Doctor insights on:
I Stepped On A Nail In Our Yard What Should I Do
Did some yard work, and I picked up a rusty can. But on top of my finger I had a cut from biting my nail. Can I get tetanus from this?
My sister had clipped her toe nails, and had been did yard work, tonite she noticed her toe was red and slightly swollen should she see a Doctor?
Not recommended: If you acquired an infection, waiting may result in worse symptoms, more damage at the wound, and potential spread into your blood which could result in hospitalization. First wash the wound with water and mild soap. Then go to the ER or urgent care to have it evaluated, cleaned further, and repaired. You will need antibiotics and possibly a Tetanus shot depending on how long ago your last one was. ...Read more
I stepped on a nail yesterday but it never went through my skin or brought any blood. I had a tetanus five years ago should I get another?
Yes and No: Yes, get a Tdap shot if a person is an adult and hasn't gotten a Tdap shot in the last 10 years, regardless of yesterday's nail incident. No, if the tetanus shot 5 years ago was of the Tdap type, because a tetanus booster is not needed if the nail "never went through my skin". Also, a new recommendation this year is for pregnant women to get a Tdap shot with EACH pregnancy. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I stepped on a nail how concerned should i be about tentanus
- Yesterday i stepped on a nail
- What should i do about my possible dead toe nail?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I cut my foot on a nail what to do
- What should i look for in a good anti fungal nail treatment?
- Can i only get tetanus if i step on a rusty nail?
- What can i do for nail problems during pregnancy?
- Talk to a dermatologist online