Doctor insights on:
I Recently Dislocated My Elbow How Long Will It Be Before I Can Do Pushups Again
It depends: This depends on the severity of the injury, the number of disrupted ligaments and associated injuries and should be discussed with the orthopedic surgeon treating your injury. Generally, stability of the joint will progress as ligament healing occurs over 6-12 weeks. If instability persists, surgery may be necessary, and this can prolong healing time and return to activities such as push-ups. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I recently dislocated my elbow. Hour long is the position supposed to last? It's been almost a week and still a lot of pain after reduction.
Get checked: That doesn't sound reassuring. You should get your arm , circulation checked out as soon as possible. ...Read more
Depends: It depends on the injury.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: Once the dislocation has been reduced back into place and held in a splint for 2-4 weeks then with physical therapy usually does not re-dislocate. It anything the problem after dislocation is stiffness. But if full range of motion is attempted too early or the ligaments do not heal or if there an associated fracture it can dislocate again.. ...Read more
Elbow trauma: When the elbow is dislocated, the radius and ulna lose their normal alignment with the humerus. The joint needs to be 'reduced' back into place. Many elbow dislocations can then be treated with a brace. Sometimes, surgery is required for fractures and/or instability. ...Read more
Not usually?: The short answer is no -- unless you were born with them dislocated, and are having no problems -- then no treatment would be necessary. However if, it isnt such a situation, then it is extremely unlikely that it will improve on its own. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it be after my tonsillectomy until i can eat real food?
- How long do i have to be before i can hear my babys heart beat?
- How long can i wait before having my mcl repair after it has been diagnosed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long until i can be active again from a dislocated shoulder?
- I slammed my finger in a door what can i do to save my nail will it regrow fast
- I have tendonitis in my right ankle how long will it take to heal
- If i sprained my knee how long do i ice it ann when do i put heat on it
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free