Doctor insights on:
I Need To Know About The Drug Aldactone
Can I take aldactone w/ another drug to lower my potassium levels?And both work to do their job?Aldactone made me have high pot.But I want to take it
Not in women: Spironolactone (aldactone) is an antiandrogen, so it does have an effect to decrease testoterone, and there is an indirect estrogenic effect - which can cause breast enlargement (gynecomastia) and tenderness in men. Breast tenderness is occasionally reported in women, but this is unusual. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am transgender and I do not want SRS, but I am interested in chemical castration. I am taking Estradiol and Spironolactone now. What other drugs wou?
See MD: You should discuss these medications with an endocrinologist. ...Read more
Smoking and drugs: Yes, most definitely.Get a more detailed answer ›
My hair was getting very fine & was breaking easily. Now I'm actually loosing it quit rapidly. My forehead is residing and I have spots that are going bald. My Dermatologist prescribed Spironolactone. Then I just read that this drug helps people loose hai
I take 20mg of lexapro, 5mg of Abilify & 75mg of spironolactone daily. Is hair loss a common side effect with any of these drugs? I'm shedding a lot.
Which is best potassium sparing drug for htn ( less side effect, effective, &popular) spironolactone or triamterene you recommend for your patients.?
No, especially...: ...If you're a man. It's a mild anti-androgen, but not nearly as effective as finasteride. (rogaine works by a completely different mechanism.) besides, it can cause side effects such as impotence, breast enlargement and decreased sex drive when taken by men. It is sometimes used for hair loss in women, but it's an off-label use, and requires monitoring. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do i need to know about cefazolin before letting my doctor give it to me?
- Everything you need to know about the first trimester
- What do i need to know about my endoscopy procedure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do i need to call the hospital and let them know i am in labor?
- I need to know the best way to gain weight for teen boy
- Things people need to know about nutrition for the 21st century
- Feel like i need to burp all the time
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free