Doctor insights on:
I Listen To Music With My Earphones Really Loudly At Work Is This Safe
No guidelines: No specific guidelines regarding time with phones on or volume. A rule of thumb is that if your ears ring after a jam sesseion, its too loud. ...Read more
Risk of hearing loss: Damage to hearing by high volumes is determined by duration, even at reasonable volumes can damage delicate hair cells in the inner ear that transmit sound impulses to the brain. 1 in 5 teens has some form of hearing loss - 30% higher than in the 80s/90s - experts believe due, in part, to the increased use of headphones. https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/patientinstructions/000495.htm ...Read more
Headache with music: I depends on the loudness of the music or the type of music , if you like it or not. Seriously, one side of the hearing can beige sensitive than the other. Do you get dizzy with loud noises? I would get your hearing checked at an ear most and throat doctors office. Try not to aggravate your head with listening to music on that side. Feel better. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it safe for my teenager to sleep with loud music on his headphones? And its not the soft music that a parent would like them to listen to!
No: Anytime a teen listens to hard loud music thru headsets may lead to hearing loss. Plus listening to music with words or tv keeps the brain stimulated as hearing never quits processing. Try substituting a sleep sound machine as many of us sleep better with constant droning. Like any bad habit be prepared for resistance! Teens never think bad things will happen. Be patient but firm on your request. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
DEPENDS: dB X length: N.I.H.L. (noice induced hearing loss) is due to long or repeated exposure to sounds at or above 85 decibels . The louder the sound, the shorter the time period before nihl can occur. Sounds of less than 75 decibels, even after long exposure, are unlikely to cause hearing loss. Nihl is 100 percent preventable! all individuals should understand the hazards of loud noise. & please protect hearing! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I tend to forget things at work could something be wrong with my mental health
- Is a vibrating back massager safe to use on my back while i am pregnant?
- At night i wake up to my hips hurting what causes this
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to run or jog with a herniated disk in my lower back?
- I had a little bit of blue snot in my nose is this something to be worried about
- I get bloody nose a lot what does this mean is something wrong with my nose
- Is it safe to have protected sex with a condomn 5days before my menstrual comes?
- Sometimes i hold my fart in at work is this safe