Doctor insights on:
I Know Broken Finger Has Consequences What Are They
Xray and MD.: Proper diagnosis and treatment (splint, tape, or possible surgery) may be necessary for best long-term outcome. Self-diagnosis and non-treatment often leads to permanent loss of function and later arthritis problems in the damaged digit. The person who treats themself has a fool for a patient. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on break: Very much depends on the details. At its most basic all fractures need to have the pieces in the right place (so-called reduction, if they are out of place) and then held in place (so-called fixation) reduction can mean anything from leaving the fracture as is to closed manipulation to open surgery. As to fixation this can be anything from a splint to cast to plating, pins and screws. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes, multiple ways: Depending on the timing to present to a doctor, most fractures can be set by manipulation within 7-10 days. If longer than that time, or if inadequately reducible (set), surgery may be required to move interfering soft tissue and secure by casting, pinning, screws and possibly plates. The less severe or the more rigidly fixed, can be "moved" earlier, which may avoid stiffness later after healing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know if my finger is broken?
- How do i know if i have a broken finger or just a sprain?
- What are the signs of a broken finger?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I know this dude who has mixed connective tissue disease what is that
- I have a broken finger with a torn tendon what happens during the surgery
- What can i do for a broken finger that did not heal right?
- How do you know if your finger is broken?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free