Doctor insights on:
I Heard That Rain Can Increase Your Chances Of Developing Pneumonia Is This True
I walked home in the rain/snow (takes 10mins to get home) changed out of clothes and got warm what are my chances of getting sick, pneumonia, flu, etc.)?
I started coughing blood early this morning is it pneumonia as i was caught in the rain yesterday ?
Don't be scared: Young people like yourself are less likely to have a pneumonia unless your immune system is significantly compromised. So, if you are just like normal people- you don't need to be scared about pneumonia. The result from the netherland's study has to be treated carefully. The result is linked to the inability to kill organism due to the lack of stomach acid. However, the risk is very small. ...Read more
My mom is in hospital icu with pneumonia and developed ARDS she as at 90% oxygen and been in induced acoma for 8 days what are her chances of sur?
Case by case: Large studies suggest that overall mortality from ARDS has decreased over the years to just under 30%. But these are just statistics and every patient is different. In general the healthier they were before ards, and the least number of organs other than lungs involved (kidney, heart, blood pressure...) the better the outcome. Hang in there! ...Read more
Good if healthy: If he has been otherwise quite well, and if the pneumonia is not severe, his chances of surviving with timely treatment with antibiotics is very good. If he has other complicating medical problems and is debilitated, then the risk of complications is higher. A very severe pneumonia also could be dangerous in an older person. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What happens if you eat mouldy bread by accident? Just out of interest, is it true that it can cure pneumonia?
Not really: Penicillin are antibiotics made from molds. You are not likely to get enough penicillin to treat a pneumonia from the amount if any you would get from eating moldy bread. No guarantee the particular mold on your bread produces penicillin. Probably nothing would happen to you if you ate the bread, but not a practice i would recommend. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I heard that burping is an early sign of stomach cancer is this true
- I heard that lemon tea helps with your throat clearing is this true
- I heard that water helps your skin conditions is this true
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I heard it is dangerous to pick your nose is this true
- I heard belching burns your throat little by little is this true
- I heard that ringworm is incurable is this true
- I heard that drinking tea helps you have better skin is this true
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free