Doctor insights on:
I Heard It Is Dangerous To Pick Your Nose Is This True
Yes: This will increase your risk of bleeding and infections of the nose and septum. There are a lot of bacteria trapped under the fingernails. Breaking the lining to the nose could "innoculate" the tissue and be a set-up for a bad infection. Clean your nose in a moist environment like when you shower. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I heard that if you sleep on your side, you are more likely to get headache from stuffy nose. Is this true?
Not necessarily: When you lay down.. Either on your back or side, the turbinates (tissue on the side of you your nose - inside) swells up. This is why people feel stuffy with allergies, crying, etc. Some people will notice that the feeling of stuffiness changes from side to side as they turn over in bed. If the stuffiness is severe, it could lead to nasal and then sinus congestion which may lead to a headache. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Do true keloids form on nose at all? Have you ever had any case where there was true keloid formed? I heard they do not form there at all. Thank you.
Do true keloids form on nose at all? Have you heard about such cases? I know that hypertrophic can, and they do, but keloid is different case.Thanks.
Exceptionally rare: It is very unlikely but not impossible. ...Read more
My nose itches a lot as if something is irritating it. I have heard that if you have worms then your nose can itch. Is it true? Its weird. Please help
I heard drinking soda and belching could permanently damage your nose by burning it. Is this true?
My 1 y 7 m daughter has runny nose for over 3 w. I didn't give any meds for cold as i heard they are dangerous. She is active however lost her appetite?
Is getting tap water up your nose dangerous? I heard Naegleria Fowleri can cause PAM. Can you get that from tap water?
I recently had frequent urination at night.However,I feel totally healthy except a blocked nose when I wake up. I previously heard mask congestions may lead to urine generating in the bladder at night,is that true?
Iv'e heard that wearing deorderant may cause breast cancer, how true is that?Because i will never wear it again, just cover your nose.
No evidence: Although there has been considerable discussion about whether or not underarm deodorant could cause breast cancer, there is no scientific evidence that there is any relationship. I don't see any reason for you to abandon the use of deodorant for fear of getting breast cancer. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I heard belching burns your throat little by little is this true
- I heard that rain can increase your chances of developing pneumonia is this true
- I heard that water helps your skin conditions is this true
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How dangerous is it to drink a beer or so if i take sleeping pills?
- I heard that burping is an early sign of stomach cancer is this true
- I had a little bit of blue snot in my nose is this something to be worried about
- Is it normal to feel intense pressure on your eye when you blow your nose?
- I heard that lemon tea helps with your throat clearing is this true