Doctor insights on:
I Have White Spots On My Finger Nails Why
Leuconychia: White spots under the nails or leuconychia, is not a serious condition and not due to lack of vitamins and minerals.It may be caused by trauma to the matrix of the nail and more common in finger nails than in toe nails, rarely they may be caused allergic reaction to nail polish or nail hardners.There is no treatment for it. ...Read more
Leukonycia: Leukonychia or white discoloration under nail plate is indicative of localized trauma and air under the nail plate. ...Read more
Normal Anatomy: This sounds like a normal condition. I would have to see it to make sure. But, if it is on all of the fingers this is normal till proven otherwise. ...Read more
Generally no: White nail spots, or leukonychia, are generally harmless spots that arise most commonly from trauma to the nail matrix (where nail grows from). They are very common and the spots grow out with the nail and are eventually lost. That being said, some systemic conditions may cause nail discoloration, in particular liver or kidney disease. If u haven't seen a doctor in some time, maybe you should now. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have white spots on all my finger nails. What could this mean?Do i need extra supplements? I am a little confused if I should take action on this.
What does the white spots under the fingers mean? I have the white half moons plus I have a lot of white dots. Plus my thumb nail has a indent, why?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do i have white spots on my skin?
- Why do i have white spots on my gums?
- Why do i have white spots on my arms?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i have white spots on my face?
- Why do i have tingling in my fingers?
- I have these white spots on my skin
- I have white itchy spots on my head
- Talk to a dermatologist online