Doctor insights on:
I Have Too Many Platelets
Essential: Thrombocytosis is a seemingly benign over-production of platelets but has a tendency to lead to clots and strokes, and may be a true myeloproliferative (leukemia like) disorder. You need to see a hematologist/oncologist to seal the diagnosis and discuss the need for treatment and options. ...Read more
Complicated.: This is a great question. The major worry of platelets being too lowis unexplained bleeding into the head, which can be very serious. This risk is present at different levels for different patients. It depends on quite a bit of variables: age, recent injury, other illnesses, current bleeding, chance of platelet recovery, etc. Clearly if there is troublesome bleeding, they are too low. ...Read more
Clumping together: Platelets are sticky cells thus they can stick and clump together. As a result of platelet clumping, platelet counts reported by automated counters may be much lower than the actual count in the blood because these devices cannot differentiate platelet clumps from individual cells. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why does low ferritin cause too many platelets?
- Can you have too many probiotics?
- I accidentally took too many hcg drops
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i have low platelets count?
- I have so many whiteheads
- Platelet too high
- Platelets too high
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free