Doctor insights on:
I Have Tendonitis In My Elbow What Could I Do To Help The Pain
An inch above my elbow is stiff and I can't move it. My stepmom thinks I have tendinitis. This has been going on and off for a few months... HELP?
Tendonitis: is quite common in that location... it is called tennis elbow. Rest, aspirin like drugs followed by physical therapy is usually quite helpful. YOu will want an orthopedist to give an opinion. http://my.clevelandclinic.org/orthopaedics-rheumatology/diseases-conditions/hic-tennis-elbow.aspx ...Read more
It depends: It depends how severe it is and it depends if playing tennis exacerbates the problem. It is best to have the problem treated before resuming competitive tennis. ...Read more
Ice, rest, nsaids: I would start by eliminating the activity that caused the problem along with ice i would also suggest using nsaids which should help the problem if the problem does not start to respond over a couple of weeks the next options based on pain would be a cortisone injection or therapy. ...Read more
REST and MODIFY: First, use the standard rest ice compression and use some otc meds such as tylenol, (acetaminophen) Ibuprofen or something that you have used before safely. Next , certainly modufy or restrict the amount of activity you are doing for a short time finally seek medical attention. Often elbow tendonitis responds very well to conservative methods. Stretching and properly applied braces and stretches. ...Read more
Many options: Physical therapy for iontophoresis and phonophoresis, deep tissue modalities, stretching, and strengthening. Ice for 10-15 min 4 times a day, counterforce strap bracing, nsaids, and avoidance of the activity that aggravates. Occasionally a wrist brace is used and steroid injections can be considered for cases lasting months that don't respond. Surgery is rarely indicated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What could i do to help my elbow fracture heal?
- I have pain in the bone of my right elbow what should i do
- I have pain in my breast what could it be
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What could i do to help my hand fracture heal?
- What could i do to help my broken leg heal faster?
- I have a rash on my elbow i think it is psoriasis what should i do
- I have pain on my hip any idea what could be causing this pain
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free