Doctor insights on:
I Have Scoliosis What Is The Best Mattress For Me
Abnormal curvature of the spine is a symptom in which a person's spine has sideways curvature (either to the left or to the right), or has too little or too much curvature in the front-back direction. Normal front-back spine curvatures exist in the neck, the chest, the lower back, ...Read more
What's the best brand mattress for someone who suffers from a bad back and is a side sleeper? I have scoliosis and hip pain.
Type of spine curve: There are multiple reasons for scoliosis &one is known as a congenital type which is when there is a deformity of the bones ( vertebra) of the spine that one is born with & leads to an early curvature of the spine. Some don't need surgery & others do. They tend to not respond to bracing & can be very progressive in terms of a rapidly worsening curve & may be associated with other medical issues. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Orthopedic follow up: Congenital scoliosis should be followed closely by an orthopedic doc that treats scoliosis. The issue is usually that one side of the spine grows faster than the other due to failure of one or more segments to separate or form. It progresses over time as the child grows. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Can surgery be used to treat congenital scoliosis in children? My child was born with congenital scoliosis. Can she have surgery to correct it, or does she have to wait until she's an adult?
Talk to MD: You have to find out wether the scoliosis is affecting the child. In severe cases scoliosis can cause pain and interfere with breathing. In minor cases it is detectable on examination, but is not interfering with the patient's lifestyle. If it is the latter case you may not need surgery at all. Talk to your md about options. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Not typically: not typically. The two exception to that are if the curve has been allowed to progress to an exceptionally large degree that it effects lung or cardiac function, which is quite rare nowadays. Or two, if the patient has other associated conditions with the scoliosis such as congenital heart or kidney problems which can be seen in a small percentage of cases. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I am 20 and 216 pounds what is the best way for me to loose weight
- Best remedy or medicine for stye and what is the reason why i always have stye
- At what level of o2 is it important for me to go to the hospital if i have copd
- I have two herniated disks in my neck what is the best exercise fir me
- How do i know what type of mattress is best for me?
- What are the best snack foods for me to eat if i have gastroparesis?
- I have this purple vein going up the right side of penis shaft what is it for
- What is the best treatment for low i q?
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free