Doctor insights on:
I Have Rheumatic Heart Disease And Venous Insufficiency What Are My Options
Coordinate care: In a situation like this, it is important for you to see a vein specialist (phlebologist ) about your veins. Your phlebologist should then discuss your case with your cardiologist. If both agree that you would benefit from having vein treatment, they can coordinate your care to make sure that treatment is safe for your heart and effective for your veins. Nowadays, major surgery is rarely needed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Heart disease is a condition in which a person has problems within his or her vascular system and heart, which includes both congenital birth defects and problems acquired later. Examples of heart disease include clogging (atherosclerosis) of the coronary (heart) arteries, heart attacks (obstructions of the arteries), damaged heart valves, heart muscle failure, and viral infections of the heart. Some major causes of heart disease include genetics, smoking, hypertension, high ...Read more
I have rheumatic heart disease and some venous insufficiency; are there single drugs that treat both?
2:1 Drug Rx: These are two different disease processes. Venous insufficiency is treated most often without medication but with compression. With your ra, you may feel uncomfortable with the compression that may require some compromise (a palliative approach) between yourself and your clinician. ...Read more
Rheumatic disease: In a sense, yes. You get a strep pharyngitis infection that creates millions of antibodies to fight the infection. Some of those antibodies can turn rogue and recognize a component of the heart valves as foreign, leading to an immunologic attack on the heart valves. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See details: Those who have had rheumatic fever.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have rheumatic heart disease with mild mitral regurgitation can i have a baby
- What is the cause of rheumatic heart disease?
- What does rheumatic heart disease mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My doctor told me i have overactive bladder what are my options
- What are my options if i have diabetes and kidney problems?
- I have a buckle fracture in my right wrist what are my treatment options
- Is it safe to have a gall bladder surgery if you have rheumatic heart disease?
- Talk to a cardiologist online