Doctor insights on:
I Have Peptic Ulcers Is It Safe To Take Magnesium Chloride
I take 40 mg of omeprazole a day for a peptic ulcer and I got omeprazole magnesium by accident can i still take it?
Yes: You will notice no difference and it will be just as effective. Feel free to use it. Good luck. ...Read more
As directed: take as directed by your physician. Usually it is prescribed once a day. It lasts 24 hours. Check with your prescribing doctor. Good health to you ...Read more
Has a peptic ulcer: ...been formally diagnosed, or are you experiencing what you believe to be symptoms of one? Makes a big difference in the answer we give, and what endpoint you need for therapy completion. ...Read more
True ulcer?: Was this diagnosed by direct visualization with EGD? Your doctor should have a recommendation for length of treatment. It is sometimes difficult to wean from Prilosec. If you are avoiding nsaids and have had H.pylori infection ruled out, then you may be able to wean. If you are unsure, then discuss with a physician who knows more of the history. ...Read more
Peptic ulcer?: since you didn't specify the symptoms, it's not clear exactly what you're treating. If you're having upper digestive tract pain or burning, I would not use OTC Prilosec for longer than two weeks. If your pain persists after two weeks of the medication, see your doctor. Good luck. ...Read more
Go to PCP: You do not really have to go to the hospital, but see your primary care provider. If you are 32, why do you need your parents to take you to the hospital? How do you know that you have a peptic ulcer? You can simply call the doc's office and let them know about your symptoms. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take magnesium supplements?
- Is it safe to take magnesium citrate?
- Can i take mucinex when i have an ulcer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does peptic ulcer take to heal?
- How long does a peptic ulcer take to heal?
- How long does it take for an peptic ulcer to heal?
- Is it safe to take sodium chloride while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free