Doctor insights on:
I Have Mirena And I Can Feel It Sometimes And It Hurts Is That Abnormal
Abnormal pap but previously had an ultrasound due 2 pain. That showed mirena (levonorgestrel) had moved. Would this cause an abnormal pap?
I have recently received irregular bleeding , and abnormal papsmears for the past year, are these normal symptoms with the mirena!?
No: Typically no. There is an increased risk in the first trimester of miscarriage if it stays in so it is generally recommended to remove an IUD if pregnancy occurs. If the strings are not visible then the IUD must stay in. Other than the increased risk of miscarriage, it will not harm the baby. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Office exam: Mirena (levonorgestrel) is removed by inserting a speculum into the vagina much like for a regular pap smear. Then the "string" is found and pulled until the entire device is removed. The procedure takes less than a minute and may cause mild cramping for a few minutes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My breasts hurt to the touch. I am 31 and on the mirena (levonorgestrel). I need to know what is the possibility of me being pregnant or it being something else.
I just had a pap and IUD removal. The doctor said my pap was abnormal. Is this because of my mirena (levonorgestrel)?
Not necessarily: While IUD may induce some inflammation and affect the PAP result, the nature of the abnormality is not known from your message. Was the PAP tested for HPV? If not you may wish to find that out. Depending on the severity of the abnormality you may be just followed, referred for colposcopy or treated for inflammation, depending on the results. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have ms and sometimes i feel cold
- Sometimes it feels like my heart hurt there are very sharp pains what can i do
- Can i take dianette will i have a mirena coil?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My lower back hurts and sometimes feels numb
- Can i get pregnant while i have mirena inserted?
- I have concerns with my mirena threads can they break
- I have a small knot in my right thigh that sometimes feels like its burning
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free