Doctor insights on:
I Have Blood Clots While On My Period
Get treated: There are lots of treatment options for heavy periods. For women who are not done having periods birth control pills work well. Mirena iuds can decrease bleeding significantly. There is a nonhormonal medication called Lysteda that works great. For those done with childbearing endometrial ablations are good options. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Clots is never norma: clots with period are never normal and need immediate attention. abnormal structure abnormal bleeding IUD infection (generally with signs of infection like pain or fever). http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/blooddisorders/women/menorrhagia.html total amount of clots of a cup of blood in a day personally, I'd advise ER.Any clots would mean a GYN visit is required. ...Read more
Yes: You could become anemic with this much blood loss during your monthly cycle. It is not uncommon to arrive at this much menstration slowly over time. After a visit and exam with your gyn doctor, you might have several options to get your cycle back to normal. There are medications, diagnostic ultrasounds and outpatient, same day interventions that could be helpful to you. ...Read more
Very unlikely: Assuming your PRIOR period was normal( on time and not just scant bleeding for 1-2 days...which are signs of possible implantation bleeding) then it would very unlikely. Heavy vaginal bleeding often will cause small blood clots. If the clots are larger than a quarter, if you soak threw more than 1 pad an hour or have significant pain go to the ER to be certain SEE> ..http://wb.md/1DNENe9 ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why have i got blood clots on end of my period?
- I'm on my period and i have blood clots
- Why do i have blood clots on my period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I am on my period and have blood clots
- Can i have a laparoscopy while on my period?
- I have a lot of blood clots in my period
- Why do i have blood clots during my period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free