Doctor insights on:
I Have Been Using Colchicine For Gout And Is Not Working Flr Me
Does eating peanut or using peanut butter causes a gout flare up? What is the usual dose of colchicine during a flare up?
Peanut and gout: No, peanut foods wll not trigger gout. Colchicine dose is 0.1. Mg /d.Take in tart cherry juice and tart cherries, 20/day. Add Lemon extract 4 tblspns / day. And avoid alcohol, animal fats, organ meats, anchovies, sardines, tuna, salmon, and shellfish. Limit other meats to 4 oz per day. Avoid high fructose corn syrup containing drinks and foods. Add egg whites, quinoa, soy as protein. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See below: When your symptoms have abated, or you are throwing up. ...Read more
Yes......: However there are other medicines that may be better. Treatment of an acute gouty flare is different that that for prevention of these. See your primary care doctor to see what medicine or combinations of medicine is best for you. ...Read more
Is it true that there a maximum dosage of 6mg of colchicine per incident of gout, which is basically 3 days if taken 0.5mg four times daily?
For a healthy 36 year old, after gout attack has resolved, can colchicine (alone) be taken to prevent future attacks and how much and for how long?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Body aches and the flu
- Been spotting for several weeks now and have no pain what is wrong with me
- If i have a stomach ache and bloody diarrhea is it safe for me to fly tomorrow
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have been very gasy for the past month and i dont know why why is that
- I have scoliosis what is the best mattress for me
- I have a stomach ulcer is it safe for me to fly on a transcontinental flight
- Is it safe for my boyfriend and i to have sex if i have oral thrush?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free