Doctor insights on:
I Have A Sharp Pain On Lower Left Side Of My Stomach
Anything: Most people think their whole abdomen is their stomach, but the stomach is in the upper middle or upper left of the abdomen. If your lower abdomen hurts, that could be your skin, muscles, bladder, uterus, or intestines. If the upper part of your abdomen hurts, it could be acid reflux, pancreatitis, or other problems. See a doctor for an assessment. ...Read more
Eval: Treatment depends on the cause. There is no "one size fits all" recommendation for abdominal pain. If chronic, it should be assessed. If abdominal pain is severe, it should be urgently evaluated. ...Read more
I woke up with sharp pain in my lower left side of my stomach. I could barely move. I took a naproxen and it good now. But what could it be?
LLQ discomfort: Causes of recurrent llq abdominal discomfort may be identified by first addressing accompanying signs/symptoms so as to localize the organ involved: in women: vaginal discharge or bleeding, alteration in periods, pregnancy risk? Fever, nausea, vomiting, altered stool pattern, blood with stool, tenderness, distension? Painful urination, blood in urine? Recent trauma, herniations? Risk factors? ...Read more
Hi i'm having a sharp pain in the lower right side of my stomach its been going on for 2 days and now it's moved also to my left side also have fever?
Call your doctor: With symptoms this complex, you owe it to yourself to call your doctor to help you make sense out of them. ...Read more
experienced a thick white/milky discharge, mild odor, sharp pain in lower left side of stomach, lower back pain, and weight gain. What could it be?
I have a severe sharp pain in the lower left side of my abdomen, just behind or maybe in my rib cage. Is there something i can do at home to fix this?
No short answer: I hope it is a muscular strain and can be helped by heatseveral times a day. In the rib cage would be more in the mid to upper abdomen. I do not like it being a severe sharp pain, if it is other than brief you should seek medical attention. It could be diverticulitis (an infected pocket in the intestine) and it may be ruptured. ...Read more
When i excersize i get a sharp pain in the lower left side of my abdomen. I've been told it could be dehydration but I do not drink anything but water. What could it be?
- HealthTap gives you access to top U.S. certified doctors
- Our doctors are checked, verified and board certified
- Get personalized help and answers directly from the doctor
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Sharp left knee pain when squatting
- I have pain on my left side of my stomach
- I have a sharp pain on my lower right side
- I have a sharp pain in my lower left side
- Sharp pain on my lower left side of stomach
- I have a sharp pain on my left side
- I have pain on the left side of my stomach
- I have a pain on right side of my stomach
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online for free