Doctor insights on:
I Have A Painless Sore On My Genitals What Could Cause This
Whatre the chances are of me giving my boyfriend genital herpes HSV 1 from saliva, and my lips not touching his genitals. My cold sore was almost gone?
Hard to say: It's impossible to say what the statistical chances are of transmitting herpes with a single encounter. If you've recently had a cold sore, of course the chances are higher. But the virus can be shed even when no sore is present. It's a discussion and risk/benefit analysis that you and bf have to have with one another and make decision that feels comfortable for you. ...Read more
I have a sore spot since a couple of days left of my genitals which is hurting when touched and getting bigger. How to treat it, what could cause it?
If you touch your cold sore and then touch the clothes you're wearing, can it seep through the clothing and cause herpes on genitals?
Unlikley: Would be uncommon but be sure you try to avoid touching the sore and use good hand hygiene ...Read more
If you have the flu and a cold sore and accidentally cough on your underwear, will this cause you to have herpes on genitals?
If I have a cold sore, can I infect my own genitals with the hsv1 virus? And if so, does it cause flu-like symptoms?
2 types of viruses.: Hsv has 2 types -type i& ii. Type i associated commonly with cold sore -herpes labilialis(lips) around mouth and type ii commonly asso. With genital herp though vice verse virus can cause the lesions .Contamination , by touching the cold sore can cause genital herp., reported in immunocompromised peo. Like transplant recipients, those on steroids, hiv. Orogenital sex can precipitate c.Sore to cause. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dose the sore a cause genital herpes and behçet's disease look like the same? Can the doctor diagnose them by eye ?
Yes: The lesions of both conditions can look similar. Herpes is by far the most likely of the two. A dermatologist can help determine if behcet's is possible. So the answer to your last question is both yes and no. Behcet's is uncommon and can be a little more difficult to diagnose if your doctor has never seen it before. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have a numb spot on my left side of my back what could be the cause
- I have pain on my hip any idea what could be causing this pain
- I have a bump on my finger that looks like a wart but hurts what is this
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a lump in the back of my throat on the left side what could it be
- I have a lump near my pelvic area what is the cause of this
- I have a swollen gland on the right side of my neck what does this mean
- I have tingling in my left toes on left foot what causes this
- I have a tender spot on the back of my head what could be the cause