Doctor insights on:
I Had A Heavy Asian Lunch And Post Two Hour Glucose Level Is 115 Is That Good
The blood sugar concentration or blood glucose level is the amount of glucose (sugar) present in the blood of a human or animal. The body naturally tightly regulates blood glucose levels as a part of metabolic homeostasis. Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body's cells, and blood lipids (in the form of fats and oils) are primarily ...Read more
When one has glucose level of 200 should that person diabetic? Should that person be on metaphormin for ever? Or with excercise, good diete and weight
Diabetes: Glucose of 200 and fasting glucose above 126 is diabetes. You need to have your hemoglobin A1c checked; if above 6.5 you are a diabetic. If treated with lifestyle early on, it is possible you can change your hemoglobin A1c to a non diabetic range and prevent all the horrible complications of diabetes. Eat low glycemic diet, exercise, lose weight, and drink alot of water. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
• I am diabetic since 5 years,for the last 5 years my fasting blood glucose in between 125-134 mg/dL and my blood sugar level two hours after eati?
No specific question: The fasting blood sugar results you are providing do indeed point to diabetes. Are you under the care of a physician and being treated for the diabetes? If you are on medication I would advise that you follow up with your physician to discuss your results. Heed the lifestyle advice that your doctor gives you, changing your diet and exercising will greatly affect you long term outcome. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Am not diabetic but am trying to loose weight. Would it make any sense to monitor my glucose level to keep it low in hopes of loosing weight?
Hii my fasting glucose level is 122 while my hab1c is 5.5 %. Please advise if the numbers are good or bad.
High glucose: The hba1c of 5.5 is normal, but a fasting glucose of 122 is high (normal under 100). You should have it repeated to see if it was a lab error. If still high, it means you have impaired glucose tolerance, it would be helpful to monitor sugars at home, before and 2 hrs after meals. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Blood glucose levels 2 hours after meal
- Blood glucose levels two hours after eating
- Blood glucose level 2 hours after eating
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Normal glucose levels 2 hours after eating
- Normal blood glucose levels 2 hours after eating
- I have a blood glucose of 84 two hours after eating
- What should your glucose level be two hours after a meal if you have gestational diabetes?
- Glucose 2 hour post prandial