Doctor insights on:
I Had A Finger Amputated Last Week Will I Have To Learn To Write All Over Again
My right middle finger was amputated last 6/29/2013 due to accident. My wrist & fingers are stiff despite therapy for 3 months. What should I do?
I had 4 fingers amputated in May. Plus skin grafts on hand i am still in pain,throbbing,numb how long will this last? Taking gabapentin for nerve pain
Not Good, Hands Down: This is a problem.The tips of the fingers are designed for sensitivity. And the nerves often freak-out when disturbed like yours have been.The pain and heightened sensitivity can last for a long time. So,before your body gets used to it (yes, it can adjust, but you won't like it)you'll need some hand rehab if that pain doesn't go away soon. There's no ideal medication for this, so talk to your doc ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Been 6 weeks since i had the tip of my index finger amputated following an accident. I'm having a hard time straightening the middle joint. Any tips?
Need help docs! my amputated finger suddenly has phantom pain over a year after i lost it, why would this happen now?
Suspect Neuroma: True "phantom pain" a year after finger amputation is very rare. Neuromas are common at this point. When you lost your finger, the nerves that previously provided sensation were cut, and the body's healing response is to try to regenerate nerve tissue which produces a round, hard neuroma at the end of the injured nerve. See a hand surgeon to confirm and rec. Treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends: Reimplantation of a digit is a complex topic. Depending on the location, amount of amputation, how long it has been amputated and the viability of the tissue, will all determine whether not he can be re-implanted. If this recently happened, you should proceed to an emergency department for further evaluation. ...Read more
Desensitize: Fingertip hypersensitivity is much more common after tip amp. Than true phantom pain. This can be self treated by rubbing the tip on progressively rougher surfaces and working up to tapping the tip on a smooth then rough surface. If this cannot be accomplished, you may have a neuroma, bone fragment or other issue that needs a hand surgeon. Sensitivity of the tip can last mos to a year in general. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I slammed my finger in a door what can i do to save my nail will it regrow fast
- How long do i have to wait to smoke again after getting over acute bronchitis?
- I just had a leep two weeks ago is it okay if i already started to workout
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Taking antibiotics after a hip replacement
- What can i take to help me have a bowel movement more than two times a week?
- I have had a sore throat for over 3 weeks what is wrong
- I had a hydrocelectomy 6 days ago is it to soon to masturbate or have sex
- Will i have to wear a knee brace all of the time if i have a knee arthroplasty