Top
30
Doctor insights on: I Got Some Nail Polish On My Tongue Is It Nontoxic To Swallow

Share
1

1
I got some nail polish on my tongue. Is it nontoxic to swallow?

I got some nail polish on my tongue. Is it nontoxic to swallow?

Yes: A small bit of nail polish is not going to cause any toxicity. I wouldn't advise drinking a bottle of it, however. ...Read more

Mouth (Definition)

Mouth (mouth) " n. Pl. Mouths 1. A. The body opening through which an animal takes in food. B. The cavity lying at the upper end of the alimentary canal, bounded on the outside by the lips and inside by the oropharynx and containing in higher vertebrates the tongue, gums, and teeth. C. This cavity regarded as the source of sounds and speech. D. The opening to any cavity or canal ...Read more


2

2
Is it okay to swallow some dried nail polish bits?

Is it okay to swallow some dried nail polish bits?

Swallowing dried: Nail polish is not good. If you do a tiny bit by accident no worries. If you have a habit of doing that you can poison yourself. That habit may be some OCD that you need treatment for. Start w/a visit to your doctor. Peace and good health. ...Read more

3

3
What would happen my tongue jut the tip touch nail polish?

What would happen my tongue jut the tip touch nail polish?

Bad taste: You should not ingest finger nail polish, but touching with tongue may cause bad taste and a colorful tongue. ...Read more

5

5
Is nail polish toxic to children if they lget some in their tongue?

Is nail polish toxic to children if they lget some in their tongue?

Probably not: Not likely. But how did you get in this situation in the first place? Small amounts of polish are not likely to be toxic if only a one -time deal. ...Read more

6

6
My wife's mouth tastes like nail polish?

My wife's mouth tastes like nail polish?

Is she diabetic?: Usually seen in Diabetic ketoacidosis, when ones blood sugar is very high. Is dangerous and can result in DKA comas. Suggest see GP
or ER immediately. ...Read more

7

7
My 16m old ate a pile of finger nail clippings. I got as many as I could out of her mouth, but I think she may have swallowed some. Can this hurt her?

My 16m old ate a pile of finger nail clippings. I got as many as I could out of her mouth, but I think she may have swallowed some. Can this hurt her?

Not really: Other than the obvious germ laden nature of the material it is not toxic. I consider it foreign protein. It won't hurt her like a button battery or medicines might. Whatever you didn't retrieve will be sterilized by stomach acid and digested. ...Read more

8

8
It hurts when I swallow just on right hand side, and move my tongue about. Pain is a shooting pain and goes up to my right ear (which is abit muffled)?

Need to take a look: You may have a simple infection, mucosal lesion, or a traumatic injury from a piece of food. The pain shooting to the ear is referred pain from the throat issue. Your best bet is to have your doctor take a look at your throat. You may ultimately need to see an otolaryngologist (ent). ...Read more

9

9
Ceiling tile removed and particles fell. Baby touched carpet underneath. Put hand mouth. What if she swallowed tiny amount of fiberglass?

Ceiling tile removed and particles fell. Baby touched carpet underneath. Put hand mouth. What if she swallowed tiny amount of fiberglass?

Unlikely: Unless the baby was there for an extended period of time, I would not be concerned! Vacuum thoroughly!!! and NOT TO WORRY...it will pass in feces. ...Read more

10

10
Spilled acetone on tv remote, the back melted and smelled very bad. Any dangers from inhaling those fumes? Also mixed w nail polish fumes

Spilled acetone on tv remote, the back melted and smelled very bad. Any dangers from inhaling those fumes? Also mixed w nail polish fumes

No worries: Never use nail polish remover nor acetone around anything plastic. Spills happen, and plastics get ruined. That said, as long as a person is not intentionally sniffing, and as long as there is adequate airflow, typical nail polish remover acetone odors from normal home use of those products don't cause problems. ...Read more

11

11
Are there safer alternatives to nail polish remover?

Are there safer alternatives to nail polish remover?

Nail polish: Acetone free nail polish removers exist that may be less noxious
also there are buffing systems that shine up the nails so you don't need to use nail polish. ...Read more

13

13
Can nail polish destroy toenails?

Can nail polish destroy toenails?

Not the good polish: An underlying nail fungus is usually the culprit, and using nail polish may exacerbate the fungus. Most good polishes will not harm the nails, and in fact can act as a protectant. ...Read more

14

14
Will die if we drank nail polish remover?

Nail polish remover: Depends on the quantity. A little can make you very sick. A lot can kill you. Really bad idea to drink it. ...Read more

15

15
Could you have lead poisoning from nail polish?

Could you have lead poisoning from nail polish?

No: There are potentially toxic materials in SOME nail polishes, toluene, formaldehyde and DBP. The industry has been moving away from these chemicals and coming up with non toxic formulations. Nail polish manufactured in the United States does not have lead. There has been lead found in polish from Taiwan. ...Read more

19

19
Does nail polish remover kill lice?

Does nail polish remover kill lice?

Use lice product: Why don't you use a known lice treatment that is available at any pharmacy? There are several that are proven lice killers, with the instructions included for best results. ...Read more

21

21
What is the side effect of using nail polish to remove skin tag?

What is the side effect of using nail polish to remove skin tag?

Say what?: I have never hear do nail polish for a skin tag and don't recommend it. ...Read more

22

22
Can nail polish cause nail damage? Change in the color of the toe nail?

Can nail polish cause nail damage? Change in the color of the toe nail?

Probably not: But foot surgery, especially a cast, may well cause fungus or blood in a nail. You might wish to see a dermatologist. ...Read more

23

23
Are earth-friendly nail polish removers gentle enough to not weaken my nails?

Are earth-friendly nail polish removers gentle enough to not weaken my nails?

Inadequate evidence: These are not fda regulated products so you must rely on the claims of the manufacturer, testimonials and your own experience. Being earth friendly or natural does not necessarily mean nontoxic. Insecticides have been used to remove nail polish. Use with caution all products with possibly unknown ingredients. ...Read more

24

24
Doctor, after using nail polish one of my friend got white cracking spot on her nails...So what should she do now?

Doctor, after using nail polish one of my friend got white cracking spot on her nails...So what should she do now?

See a doctor: Some nail procedures use a file to smooth the nail before applying the nail polish, gel, or acrylic. This can make the nail prone to breakage. There are other things that could be wrong too, and only an exam by a doctor would lead to a diagnosis. Good luck. ...Read more

25

25
Why am I bleeding under my big toenail when there's no pain or no recent injury? I noticed it a week ago when I removed my nail polish.

Why am I bleeding under my big toenail when there's no pain or no recent injury? I noticed it a week ago when I removed my nail polish.

See below: You may have had micro trauma such as the nail hitting the top of the shoe when walking or exercising. You could also have a growth under the nail.
You should have it checked by podiatrist ...Read more

26

26
If nail polish remover with acetone in it got onto my skin but I rinsed it off with water afterward, will there be any negative effects on me?

If nail polish remover with acetone in it got onto my skin but I rinsed it off with water afterward, will there be any negative effects on me?

No worries: Have never seen anyone use nail polish remover without getting some of the remover onto the skin... so there shouldn't be any problem with that skin contact, as along as the remover is generally being used properly. Acetone does damage most plastics, so one should be careful where she works on her nails. ...Read more

27

27
How long does chemical burn from nail polish on skin take to heal? (I was stupid to put on warts) Its been already 1month, its better but severe

How long does chemical burn from nail polish on skin take to heal? (I was stupid to put on warts) Its been already 1month, its better but severe

Burn: Can you send a photo? Should not have burned or have pain after weeks. Is area red? Could have infection brewing. Consult with us to determine if you need further evaluation. ...Read more

29

29
Why should I not have nail polish on my toes if I am having surgery on my ankle?

Why should I not have nail polish on my toes if I am having surgery on my ankle?

Nail polish: For a number of reasons but namely because chipped polish or irregularities in the polish including some of the common adornments like rhinestones can harbor bacteria which can contaminate the surgical site and increase infection risk. ...Read more

30

30
What do nail polish fumes do to you?

What do nail polish fumes do to you?

Potentially danger!: Have you been sniffing the fumes? Unlike clorox fumes, nail polish is made from petroleum distillates which can be extremely toxic to your brain among other things. Always use in a well ventilated area and keep your nose out of the bottle! ...Read more