Doctor insights on:
I Feel Pain In My Gums When I Lay Down
Why after having a root canal would the same spot on my gum still hurt? Especially when i lay down?
Be more specific: Very hard to interpret what you would like to know.... ...Read more
I had a deep cleaning a week ago today.
Have two areas where the gum is in a ball, puffy, imflamed, when should this go down and if it does not?
See the dentist. : I suggest you see the dentist asap. Very hard to diagnose on this forum without knowing your oral and medical history. ...Read more
That depends: On a number of factors, such as what surgery was performed, the state of recession before the surgery and your own natural healing ability. The dentist performing the surgery can give you an estimate but can't guarantee the success. ...Read more
Inflammation: Inflammation of the gums is usually caused by bacterial deposits near and below the gumline. Food sometimes gets caught, too is this a longstanding problem? If so, the it's best you get evaluated at a local dental office. You may have calculus caught in there, and that's something you cannot clean out. Warm salt water rinses, and gentle brushing and flossing should help but not cure the problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Visit your dentist: While there could be exotic causes for the condition you describe, the most likely is an abscess. It could be caused by an infected tooth. The infection seeks the path of least resistance, ultimately causing swelling and then drainage of pus. A severe gum infection can present in the same way. In either case, only dentist can judge and treat properly. Tooth might need a root canal. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Pain in my stomach when i lay down
- Pain in my legs when i lay down
- Why does my gums gurt only when i lay down?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have pain in my gums but only when i lay down goes away when stand up
- My left ear feels full when i lay down on it it feels numb
- Pain in the middle of my stomach when i lay down
- Pain in my arms and hands when i lay down
- Talk to a dentist online for free