Doctor insights on:
I Feel I Get Startled Easily What Should I Do
Anger managment: One simple tip- count to ten before acting on the urge to impulsively harm someone physically or emotionally. Reduce anger by deep breathing. Breath in deeply & slowly through the nostrils. Hold air in lungs for a 5 count before slowly exhaling through an open mouth. Repeat until you are calmer. Focus on your breathing not what is making you angry. Cognitive behavioral therapy is excellent for. ...Read more
I get startled really easily, and after something startles me I have a really hard time calming down. How can I decrease this anxiety?
Doctor can evaluate: Haven't seen good research linking certain foods to the smells of bodily parts or bodily secretions. Basic ideas can be followed, such as cleanliness (bathing removes bodily oils, which come from sebaceous glands, which have bacteria and can carry oils/flavors from spicy/odorful foods). However, overwashing damages skin cells, and can make aromas worse. Possibly hormone-related? Doctor can check! ...Read more
No easy way: Start by walking, increasing your distance and duration progressively. Fifteen minutes/day to start. Also, get some light weights (dumbells), and do a few sets of exercises each day to strengthen your muscles and increase your bone density. Increase your intensity as tolerated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I am very easily startled and flinch at everything nervous nelly
- Why do i get angry so easily?
- Why do i get depressed so easily?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i get pregnant so easily?
- Why do i get erections so easily?
- What should i do to get in period?
- What position should i do to get pregnant?
- I feel dizzy what should i do